DO YOU WANT TO FULFILL YOUR CHILDHOOD DREAM AND BECOME A GAME DEVELOPER?
If your study is coming to an end soon and you are looking for an opportunity to start your programming career in the fast-growing industry please continue reading about how you can become our new C++ game developer.
What will you do and how will your onboarding at Gamepires look?
We know that every start is hard if you start alone. And that is why every new employee gets a mentor. The mentor introduces you to business processes and supports your learning process. He is in the same office as you so you can easily ask him for help whenever you need it.
- As part of your onboarding process, you will play SCUM with our QA team to better understand the project you will be working on.
- During the first month, you will be learning about Unreal Engine and solving real development tasks to practice what you have learned. Regularly, you will have code reviews with your mentor.
- You will be solving minor bugs in the game, but with the development of your knowledge, you will get more complex tasks and translate and implement the abstract requirements of game design into code, taking into account flexibility, robustness, and performance.
- Over time, you will prototype, develop and maintain gameplay features and be responsible for the iterative implementation of all stages of their development. You will have the opportunity to work on various segments of the SCUM game code – gameplay, network, AI, UI shaders,…
- You will collaborate with other programmers and colleagues from other teams – artists, level designers, animators, and testers to make the final product as good as possible.
What do we offer you?
- A long-term job with the possibility of permanent employment after college because we are looking for people who are willing to develop with us for a longer time.
- Work from Monday to Friday with flexible working hours.
- Opportunity to work on an internationally known game and learn from game developers with many years of experience in a relaxed work atmosphere.
- We cherish quality team gatherings so we organize them regularly – play day, board games night, barbecues, teambuilding, etc.
- Kitchens full of fresh fruit and coffee for energy.
What do we require from you?
- Excellent knowledge of C ++ language, ability to write legible, robust, and quality C ++ code, and understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Knowledge of some of the versioning tools (git, Perforce, TFS, etc.)
- Good ability to solve mathematical and analytical problems
- Love of video games and desire to develop in the field of game development
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- The possibility to work a minimum of 32 hours per week
A big plus is if you have:
- experience in Visual Studio and one of the commercial or free 3D engines (Unreal Engine 4, Unity, etc.)
- finished your own game
And what now?
Apply for this job! 😊
Fill out the form – send us your CV, C ++ portfolio (if you have it), and share with us your motivation for this job.
What are the steps of the selection process?
- You will get an automatic response after receiving your application.
- If we estimate you meet our needs Dina from our HR team will arrange a phone interview with you.
- You get an interesting task related to game development that you solve when and where it suits you.
- We give you feedback on the task.
- Depending on your results, we arrange a live technical interview. We will ask you some questions, but it is also an opportunity for you to ask whatever interests you about the job.
- And finally, we talk about the final decision.
We are always looking for talents so feel free to apply.